The S10 was designed and developed for the British MoD. Its advantages include improved levels of protection, communication, vision, comfort, compatibility and maintainability. It is in service with the British Armed Forces and numerous other military, paramilitary and police forces worldwide.For protection the S10 has a high-performance integrally molded reflex seal. The facepiece is available in four sizes and has a minimum of molding crevices which improves contamination efficiency. The facepiece is held on the head by a fixed buckle harness arrangement that allows the respirator to be repeatedly donned and removed in seconds.
Primary communication is via a horn-type voice transmitter and there is also a secondary speech transmitter for use with communications equipment such as handsets, telephones and microphones. Vision is improved by the use of low profile coated polycarbonate lenses. A facepiece rib ensures a good interface with NBC protective clothing hoods. The drinking device has a double safety valve feature. The filter canister can be worn on either the left or right of the facepiece. The S10 can also be used with remote filtration units.
• Provides excellent protection against penetration by biological or chemical threat agents.
• Compatible with a wide range of user equipment including optical sights, weapons, combat clothing, protective head gear and communications equipment.
• Wearer comfort ensured by lightweight construction and low breathing resistance.
• Scratch and impact resistant eyepieces.
• Wide field of vision and good anti-misting characteristics.
• Intrinsically safe speech transmitter allows clear direct communication for excellent command and control.
• Secondary speech transmitter enables use of communications equipment.
• Fail-safe drinking system for use in contaminated environments.
• Left and right hand canister option.
• 6-point pre-adjusted quick fit harness allows rapid donning.
• Highly robust and easy to decontaminate.
S10 Respirator with DPCU Smock background
S10 Respirator on navy blue background